Being awesome, made to look easy.



About bloody time


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Ok, firstly you may notice that I have reverted my post back to it's previous lovely style.  This is in the (possibly naive) hope that Blogger has sorted out that annoying spambot problem.  I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Anyway, here is the long awaited post that many of you/some of you/one of you have/has been waiting for.  I apologise for the fact that this has taken so long and that this blog really hasn't served the function I intended it for, which was to keep you all up to date with my adventures.

Firstly,  I will point out that, after a considerable degree of coercion, I have decided to start using my MySpace page more frequently (more so than once every 3 months at any rate) - so I suggest you all join and add me as a friend, so that I look popular and awesome and am encouraged to use it more.  You can find me here.

As far as my adventures are concerned, I haven't been doing too much I suppose.  I have settled into some sort of routine - well, kind of.  

I still have the same girlfriend, Saori, who is most fantastical, but will be moving to Canada at the end of the month - which is most lame for me, but I am sure she'll have an awesome time.

I have finally been able to control my spending at last, so am no longer broke all the time.  This is even after I spent a load of cash buying myself an Xbox 360, a widescreen LCD HDTV and a big hard drive to store all my glorious stuff.  Unfortunately, next month I have to drop about £100 just to renew my passport - which is utterly lame.  Especially as it costs my American friends less than £20 to renew theirs.  UK smells.

In terms of weather, things are finally starting to look up here.  It's starting to get warmer now, which was a very sudden change and the days are starting to get a bit longer, which is nice.  Strangely enough though, even in the midst of summer, it still gets dark here around 7:30pm - which is a bit rubbish really as I love the long days.  Then again, summer here does tend to have all the qualities of poo on a stick - overly hot, humid and long.  Still, atleast I get to enjoy spring time before the horror of summer befalls me.

Talking of spring time - I may very well possibly perhaps maybe have plans for this spring.  In April, my housemate Don is going to do a 5 day tour of western Japan, including Hiroshima, Osaka and Kyoto.  So, if it looks like it won't cost me too much coin then I will join hm and should be able to get some amazing pics.  I will have to get my video camera fixed for that one so I can share with you some tacky music videos of traditional Japan.  Also, in May, I plan on climbing Mt Fuji.  This may well prove to be the death of me, but I'm sure it'll be a laugh - or at the very least, a gruelling and unfulfilling activity.  Either way, I'm game.

As far as work goes, all is good.  We got 2 new teachers recently and they have just been kids trained.  As of yesterday, I lost 2 of my kids classes, including one I absolutely hated on friday afternoons.  Now I am down to 7 classes a week and as of April, I should lose 2 more and be down to 5 a week, which will be monkey genius.  I have also started teaching a private student on monday afternoons - she is very nice and it's a little bit of extra income, which is cool.

I am going to stick a load more pictures onto my Flickr account in a moment as well, so you can all check that out if you fancy and see some of the things that I have been up to.

Anyway, I am going to skidaddle now.  I hope this proved vaguely interesting and I will make a definite effort to try and keep this page updated more regularly in future.  I hope you're all well.  Adios.


0 Responses to “About bloody time”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Andrew
  • From Lincoln, United Kingdom
  • I graduated from the University of Hull, where I studied Economics. I decided to go to Japan for a year to teach English and this blog is to chronicle my adventures.
  • My profile

Previous posts



Links


RSS Feed


Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates