Being awesome, made to look easy.



Doko eki desu ka?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Watch in awe as I effortlessly make the interesting seem dull:




The top video is from just outside Yokohama station. It is very busy round there and there is lots to see. I went in a store call Yodobashi, which Ed would love - it is the largest electronics store I have ever seen. It's has 7/8 floors and each on is massive. It's odd as well as they were showing Resident Evil on 67inch HD TVs with the sounds up massively loud. Still, I'm not complaining - it was awesome.

The second video is most of the walk from my flat to near where the station is. It's at night and very shakey as I was attempting not to get run over (they are not big on pavements here), but it gives you a vague idea of the area I live in.

I've not been up to too much. I went to a weird restaurant last night which is like the Japanese version of a takeaway place - only the food is actually really nice. You go in and there is a vending machine on the wall with pictures of different meals. You put money in and press the button for the meal you want and it spits a ticket at you. Then you sit at the bar and hand in your ticket. A couple of minutes later and the food is presented to you. It's all in like a mini stir fry thing and simmers away in front of you. Tis all quite fun. I'm finally starting to get a bit better at using chopsticks too which is handy. Atleast Japanese rice is really sticky, so it's easy to eat with chopsticks.

I also went to a supermarket to get some shopping. I bought totally random stuff, just to satisfy my curiosity. Most of it was lovely, though I bought some weird dessert thing which I didn't really like. It was like two small cubes which were of a very weird jelly-like consistency. They didn't really taste of anything to be honest. They were probably like urinal cakes or something - god knows.

Anyway, today I have just been chilling like a villain in my flat and enjoying the aircon. I am off out in a couple of minutes though as I want to go to the supermarket again and I also want to take a trip on the tube to see where I am supposed to be working.


2 Responses to “Doko eki desu ka?”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great stuff. Am enjoying reading your thoughts on the culture out there. Are you going to tell us more about the people. I believe this is what they call "living through your friends"!

    What does the title mean?

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Sure - will discuss my initial impressions of the people in my next post.

    The title means 'Where is the train station?'.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Andrew
  • From Lincoln, United Kingdom
  • I graduated from the University of Hull, where I studied Economics. I decided to go to Japan for a year to teach English and this blog is to chronicle my adventures.
  • My profile

Previous posts



Links


RSS Feed


Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates