Being awesome, made to look easy.



Countdown


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have just received a letter from the Nova Group informing me that my departure date is the 1st August. The clock is now ticking...

I now have an absolute mountain of things to sort out over the next 5 weeks, including another trip to London to sort out my visa etc. Going to London on a week day is going to be an utter pain as not only will it cost me £70 in travel expenses, but it will also cost me the £48 I lose from not working that day. Quite a bit of money considering I will likely spend my time in London standing in a queue at the Japanese embassy. Still, it's got to be done I suppose. At least they have managed to secure me a relatively cheap flight. It should take me approximately 12 hours to get from Heathrow to Japan. No doubt once I arrive, I will be unable to walk due to the immensely cramped conditions.

They haven't said as of yet where I will be stationed, except that I will be in the Kanto region. This is the region to the south-east of Japan and it means that I will be very close to Tokyo, if not in it. This means that I will have to do a little bit of travelling to see some of the more traditional side of Japan, but it also means that I will be in or near one of the most bustling metropolises in the world, which will be exciting.

Kanto Region


2 Responses to “Countdown”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    sounds exciting andy! have just asked my dad whether he could fiddle the books a bit and get you a free train ticket to london through work. he says normally he would but he did that for my brother last week so can't really. sorry!
    keep us all informed of any developments re: japan.
    see you soon.
    rebecca x

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    No worries - thanks very much for asking though :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Andrew
  • From Lincoln, United Kingdom
  • I graduated from the University of Hull, where I studied Economics. I decided to go to Japan for a year to teach English and this blog is to chronicle my adventures.
  • My profile

Previous posts



Links


RSS Feed


Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates